|Categories||2.1 Employee Engagement, 3.1 Teaching and Learning Best Practices, 3.3 Student Success and Support Services|
|Workshop/Course||New Faculty Seminar 2017-18|
|Date||Start Time||End Time||Location|
|Thursday August 24, 2017||10:00 AM||04:00 PM||6-222|
|Friday September 08, 2017||10:00 AM||01:00 PM||9C|
|Friday September 22, 2017||10:00 AM||01:00 PM||Founders Hall|
|Friday October 06, 2017||10:00 AM||01:00 PM||Founders Hall|
|Friday October 20, 2017||10:00 AM||01:00 PM||Founders Hall|
|Friday November 03, 2017||10:00 AM||01:00 PM||Founders Hall|
|Friday November 17, 2017||10:00 AM||01:00 PM||Founders Hall|
|Friday December 01, 2017||10:00 AM||01:00 PM||9C|
|Thursday February 22, 2018||10:00 AM||04:00 PM||Founders Hall|
|Friday March 09, 2018||10:00 AM||01:00 PM||Founders Hall|
|Friday March 23, 2018||10:00 AM||01:00 PM||Founders Hall|
|Friday April 13, 2018||10:00 AM||01:00 PM||Founders Hall|
|Friday April 27, 2018||10:00 AM||01:00 PM||Founders Hall|
|Friday May 11, 2018||10:00 AM||01:00 PM||Founders Hall|
The purpose of the New Faculty Seminar is to provide the space, time, support and resources for each new, full-time faculty member to grow professionally during their first year. Working within a peer environment, faculty shall create meaningful definitions for their new roles here at Mt. San Antonio College. The overarching theme is "developmental" rather than "evaluative." This seminar is a place where new faculty can be candid under the assurance that confidentiality is HELD in high regard.
- Develop collegial relationships within and across disciplines.
- Support the faculty tenure/probationary/evaluation process.
- Disseminate and discuss on/off campus resources.
- Explore multiple pedagogies by academic disciplines and their applicability to our Student Learning Outcomes paradigm.
- Become acclimated to the cultural, social/economic diversity at Mt. SAC and its' surrounding communities.
- Tenure & Portfolio Process
- Campus Processes & Governance
- Resources for Faculty
- Campus Governance
- Classroom Management Strategies
- Instructional Technology
- Improving Student Success & Equity
- The Faculty Contract
- and much more!
This training has been approved for 48.0 hours toward a Professional Growth Increment by Salary and Leaves.
|Salary Advancement Credit||0|
No prior experience necessary